Saturday, April 29, 2023

Water You Been Up To Lately?

This week we have a brand new and really fun Just Us Girls Challenge theme: CASE a Design Team Member! (CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit, or Copy And Slightly Edit, and even Copy And Share Everything. It is "proper etiquette" in cardmaking in general that the person CASE-ing a card gives credit to the person he/she CASEd for the original idea.) 

The design team had no parameters on what to make this week for our cards for this challenge, and our participants will choose one of the team's cards to CASE, and in their post explain which card they chose and why/how they came up with their version of that card. I can't wait to see what our followers create!




I decided to add my card to the Time Out Challenge #237: Fashionable. My swimmers are no doubt in the latest swimwear with their equally fashionable sun hats, and on their bright colored floats that show off the colors of their "on trend" swimsuits. LOL!




Products I used:

Simply Graphic: Les Nageuses dies

Ellen Hutson: Just Squidding stamp set

Concord an 9th: Dew Drops

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Various colors of cardstock

I see a lot of cards using the same die cut or stamp repeatedly all over the card front. I thought of this pool float/swimmers die set and the layout last night, so this morning I got out my dies and cardstock to start cutting. I have seen die cut flowers, words, gift boxes, coffee cups, Christmas trees, geometric shapes, etc. repeated on cards, but never a swimmer on a pool float. It was fun to mix and match colors and arrange the ladies in the pool, floating around and enjoying themselves. Making this card was more enjoyment than work, honestly. You can really take just about any die cut shape or stamped image and repeat it to make this style of card! Here are some more ideas that caught my eye:


I hope our Just Us Girls Design Team cards this week made you smile and want to CASE one of us! Be sure to click on the team's names to read how they made their cards. We are really looking forward to seeing you in the gallery!!

-Carol


23 comments:

Nancy said...

Absolutely outstanding and well-balanced. Love your inspiration cards too. That sentiment is perfect as well. Thanks for inspiring me!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy! Can't wait to see our gallery this week with all of the DT inspiration!

JulieP said...

I adore this Carol!!!! I actually have a card coming out on the first that uses this same die set. It's a fun one, for sure.

Lisa Elton said...

I want to be one of those ladies lounging in that pool! This is oodles of fun and so cute, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!! I want to make more cards now with repeating die cuts!!

I Card Everyone said...

Carol, I've seen [and made] many cards with repeating elements but yours, my dear, has taken the cake! WOW this is so chic and so fun!
=]

ElizStewart said...

Carol... You have used these ladies before... love them and love the repeat! BTW... thanks for catching that I didn't add the stencil paste on my list of product used. I used Lawn Fawn's Fairy Dust stencil paste.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... so glad you popped over with your card to TIME OUT this week!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!! It was a fun make!

Bobby said...

This is reminiscent of playing with paper dolls, Carol. I love all the colors and your pool arrangement is fantastic. Thanks for also sharing your card at Time Out.

Carol said...

Thank you Bobby!!! It did feel like paper dolls!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such fun in the sun! These ladies look marvelous 😊

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Carol. I've been up to CASEing your fabulous card. As soon as I saw it, I was inspired. I LOVE your floating women and now I need to find a US distributor for those wonderful dies! I love that you used a sentiment from Just Squidding - perfect. Thanks for the fun!

Carol said...

Stephanie, I love that you CASEd my card!!!!! I left you a comment on your blog. I will be CASEing your pool deck and the pool's edge on my next Avery Elle pool and swimmers card!!!!! So glad you joined us!!! I bought my dies directly from Simply Graphic and I don't remember expensive shipping or a long wait time.

Carol said...


Thanks Vicki!!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of your fashionable ladies floating around making me wish I was one of them! Love the water droplets, too.

cm said...

Echoing the others: your floating ladies are bright, cheery, fun, fabulous and all-around awesome! What a great card you've created as inspiration for this challenge. Simply Graphic, you say? Need to see if their products are available in Canada. Love this!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Super fun fabulous card Carol. Those Ladies are so relaxed sunning around in the pool in such bright colours. Would be so fun to make for sure.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so fab Carol! These are some very fashionable swimmers indeed - love the punny sentiment too. Thanks so much for a wonderful month guesting with you at JUGS in April.

Carol said...

Thank you all for your kind messages!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your fashionable ladies floating in the pool! Fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)

Kate said...

Ooo la la Carol, your gorgeous ladies are ever so fashionable ... and the design team at Time Out thought so too! You've been selected as our Challenge Winner for #237 - pop over to the Challenge Blog for details on how to claim your prize and I do hope you'll join us as a future guest designer! Hugs, Kate!

Carol McFarland said...

I sent the email but haven’t heard back yet. Probably a busy weekend for someone!-Thanks Kate!