Monday, April 24, 2023

Happy Birthday Drinks

I have had a really cool Paper Smooches card in my head ever since I saw it several years ago. So when I saw that the Seize the Birthday #259 Alcohol Challenge this week was alcohol, faux alcohol ink patterned paper and/or cocktails came to my mind. Here is my card:








Here is the Paper Smooches website card that I have had in mind for a while!


I recently bought some Pink and Main alcohol ink-looking patterned paper and I am starting to use it here and there because it is so pretty!! I thought it would go well with this challenge and use the word alcohol in both senses of the word. 

I cut out all of my drinks then arranged them on my  3 3/4" x 5" panel. I popped up the die cuts that I left whole, and adhered the ones cut off by the edges flush with the panel for no special reason. Then I found a birthday sentiment that would fit on the panel. Last, I popped up the smaller panel on the A2 cards base. That's it! It really wasn't a difficult card and it was fun positioning the dies on a part of the paper where I could get a good effect from the pattern.

Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Let's Toast dies

Pink and Main: Inked Oasis 6 x 6 paper pad

Stampin' Up!: Party This Way stamp set

Catherine Pooler: Queen for a Day ink pad

Simon Says Stamp: Holographic Rainbow sequin mix

Foam tape

See you back here soon,

-Carol






2 comments:

Cathy said...

What a fun card! Love the look of the AI patterned papers and the variety of glasses, very cool design. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Barbara said...

This is such an orginal and fun card. I have an old PTI die that I use for drink cards and I am going to PIN this one to remind me to use them this way. Thanks for joining us and for the inspiration, at Seize the Birthday Challenge.