Saturday, April 22, 2023

Four Basic Food Groups

This stamp and die set from Concord and 9th is so so cute, but I have only used it twice now. Why?!! For our Just Us Girls Challenge #676: CAS with food and/or drink, I decided to use the food dies and an old wooden stamp sentiment (It actually says: Four Basic Food Groups - Cookies, Candies, Cupcakes, Chocolates.) It took me numerous tries to stamp just the first four words and my fingers are now bright red! Here is my CAS card for this week.




Products I used:

Concord and 9th: Love You More Than dies, mini ink pad

Stampabilities: Food Groups stamp

Pink and Main: Banner die

The Love You More Than dies include the scalloped rectangle die as well as a pillow for "I love you more than naps." There is a takeout coffee cup and flower dies, too. I didn't use the matching stamp set today, but the stamps make a perfect impression on the first try and there is a word stamp to match each item you love. I used the french fries once to make red licorice! 



We hope you will join us with your Clean and Simple food/drink cards following our definition above. See you in the gallery!

-Carol


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... very cute!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cute and I love that you started the line-up with dessert! The red fingers were worth it, the sentiment looks great!

Nancy said...

Carol, I could definitely jump on board with those 4 basic food groups, and I see that you put ice cream first, as it should be. LOL Fabulous card once again!

Lisa Kind said...

I love this! All my favs in one card! I just realized that I have a French fry die, but much bigger than yours. And how cool to use them as licorice too! Very cute card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well you can't beat those 4 food groups :) -- Very fun dies

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your four basic food groups! All of my favorites on this perfect design to showcase them. Love how you used the fries as licorice, too.

cm said...

Yep, great minds, the two of us! I love the way you've used this C & 9th set; adding it to my 'must try' list. Fun, fabulous treats and I agree: they should be the 'four' food groups. Using the fries as licorice: brilliant! Love both your cards.
hugs~carol

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this fun card Carol - my teenage son would live on these 4 food groups along if I let him!! Great dual purpose for those fries as licorice too - genius!

Ina G said...

Love your thinking with these four food groups Carol. How fun!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! This die set is fun and so easy to use. High quality stamps and dies!