Friday, April 21, 2023

Sparkle

I love the colors of Sunday Stamps' SSC 307 Floral Fragrance Challenge this week and almost forgot to make a card in time for it! Here is what I ended up with using the two pinks and navy.



First, I taped off two sections so that I could ink blend my two shades of pink. Then I inked and stamped the flower a few times to have them be mostly on the left side of the card, leaving room for the sentiment. I knew I would add sequins after I chose this sentiment and spent forever trying to space them in an eye-pleasing way. It isn't natural for me and I agonize over their placement every time I use them. I had some blue ones that added in the lighter of the two blues in the challenge, and my card is a very dark navy, so I ended up using four of the colors from the prompt.

The "completed" card was at first just one layer, and it looked really boring to me...so I stamped two more flowers and fussy cut them in order to raise them up on foam tape for some depth. They are the top left and bottom right flowers. I like it way better with them raised up a bit.

Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Spread the Sparkle stamp set

Stampin' Up!: Flower stamp

Ranger Distress ink: Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry

Archival Ink pad: Cobalt

Navy cardstock A2 card base

White card panel

Corner rounder

A variety of sequin brands

Blue paint tape

Foam tape

See you later,


-Carol

5 comments:

Heather said...

WOW, Carol - what a stunner! Very cool way to add some bold color, and love those flowers! Good idea to bring some dimension, too - looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Carol said...

Thanks Heather!

dj said...

You rocked our "floral fragrance" challenge colors with your faded ink background!! Beautiful and creative take on our challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC307

Stef Perry said...

Carol, you created such a cool modern design with the bright pink inked both up and down the card front, and the added dimension from the fussy cut flowers looks fantastic! I had to chuckle when you mentioned agonizing over sequin placement because I do the same when I use them lol! So happy to see you in the gallery my friend, thanks for playing along!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate your kind comments!