Thursday, April 20, 2023

Best Day Ever, Thanks

I sort of CASEd myself for this card today while playing along at the Global Design Project Sketch Challenge #390. I made a Christmas card a while ago like it, and I'll show it to you below.









This is my card from 11/2021.


To make today's card I used two circle dies, one inside the other, held by washi tape. I cut out the 9 colors you see here and another 9 white ones for backing to make them stronger and thicker. I arranged them on a pale pink panel of cardstock, then on a dark grey 5" x 5" one, and mounted them on a 5" x 5" white card base. I cut the "thanks" twice out of the same dark grey cardstock and glued them together. I placed it on the card where the sketch showed theirs, then feeling like the card still needed something, I added the sticker sentiment and a few sequins.

I feel like this is a versatile layout than can be adapted to other shapes and images. I tend to like graphic layouts and grids, so the challenge caught my eye. There are so many ideas over at the challenge to be inspired by too!

Products I used:

Circle dies (source forgotten)
Thanks: My Favorite Things
Sequins: Simon Says Stamp
Sticker sentiment: Tim Holtz


See you back here soon,
 
-Carol


2 comments:

Karen said...

I love both of these cards, and CASEing yourself is a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen!