Monday, April 17, 2023

Relax

My sunbathers mini slimline card here was inspired by the As You See It Challenge #296 Balance Sketch. I saw my umbrella and towels/floats immediately. Here is what I came up with...







I did "the sketch inside the sketch" (do you see it?) and finally used the swimmers paper I have hoarded for a while. I love this Ellen Huston stamp set and still have so many ways to use it. For the umbrella and towels/floats I stamped on patterned paper. I stamped, fussy cut and colored my swimmers and RELAX on white cardstock with markers. The umbrella and the circle are popped up on foam tape. I love adding dew drops when the topic has to do with water, too.

Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Everything's Beachy stamp set

Stampin' UP!: Patterned papers

Concord and 9th: Dew drops enamel dots

Versafine: Onyx black ink

Simon Says Stamp: circle die

I may be back soon with another card like this in different colors!

-Carol




7 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

Carol, I love this beachy scene, but especially your focal image because of it's symmetry. I feel like you could rotate this and keep the symmetry intact, and it would look really cool! Thanks for getting sketchy with us at As You See It Challenges!

Carol said...

Thanks Heather! I made a second one because I had so much fun with the sketch the first time!

Heather said...

Oh gosh - LOVE this - brilliant! Such a fabulous design, and love the beachy sunny theme - such fun colors! Just got back from Maui, so you're making me plan my next trip already, lol. Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh ho! Fantastic! The slimline card format work so well with this sketch and I never even considered it! Love the way the stretch makes the patterned panels look like the towels in the central image. You've created a poolside drone shot! Very cleverly done. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.

Carol said...

Thank you ladies...it was fun to make from this cool sketch!

Jane Knudsen said...

Great card! I love the brightness and really adore that paper! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

Carol said...

Thank you Jane!!!