Saturday, April 15, 2023

Everything Has Beauty

I'm back with a card for our latest moodboard created by my talented teammate Nancy for Just Us Girls Challenge #675. I think her moodboard is phenomenal, having just the right amount of colors and elements...things I just love! I have CASEd a gorgeous card by Broni Holcombe here








Products I used:

Memory Box: Enchanting Poppy Stems die

Simon Says Stamp: Etched Laurel Leaves dies

Sizzix: Hexagon Frenzy embossing folder

Tim Holtz: Small Talk sticker

Concord and 9th: Dew Drops

Distress Inks

Ink Blending brushes

I borrowed the embossing folder the other day when I had friends over to stamp. I embossed the honeycomb on white linen cardstock, but the next day I ink blended pinks onto it and liked the result. I die cut and ink blended the flower and leaves, then arranged them on the embossed panel. I mounted it all onto a white A2 card base and added the sentiment and some dew drops. Spring is here!!!

We hope you will join us this week with Nancy's beautiful moodboard. I have been looking forward to using it to make a card or two.

-Carol


13 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol this is just gorgeous! The ink blended on the embossed panel works so well and I love the sentiment with your beautiful diecut single flower. So perfect for this week's challenge.

Carol said...

Thanks Joanne!!!

Nancy said...

I love that EF when I saw it in white but it looks even better now that you inked it up with Pink. Speaking of inking..your petals and leaves look wonderful too. I totally love your card and thanks for the encouragement on my mood board, I appreciate you!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Have I just met another 'must have' embossing folder?? SO gorgeous, Carol!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

That is a FUN embossing folder and your pretty bloom looks perfect on it! Fabulous card, Carol!

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! Definitely a must have!!!

cm said...

Everything about your card is enchanting, Carol, especially that lovely poppy! Awesome take on the moodboard!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that big bloom with it's perfect shading! That background is fabulous with it's dimension and the inking really shows it off. Beautiful!

Ina G said...

Sweet as and just gorgeous Carol. Beautiful colours and that poppy die is awesome.

Lisa Kind said...

Such a pretty card! I love the way you created the background piece.

Bobby said...

I am fascinated with that embossing folder, Carol. The dimension is fantastic. I love your sweet bloom too.

Carol said...

Thanks friends!