Thursday, April 13, 2023

Life's A Beach

As I continue into my beachy card time of the year, I got out my favorite beach goer dies for my card today. The Paper Players Challenge PP635 is all about pastel colors and I was making a card kit to share at a stamp gathering at a friend's house this week when I realized that this fits the PP35 challenge. I already submitted a card there this week, but here is number 2!


Products I used:

Spellbinders: Day at the Beach die set

The Greetery: Destination Summer stamp set (birds)

My Favorite Things: Life's a Beach stamp set (sentiment)

Various patterned paper

Pinkfresh Studio: Diagonal Stitched Rectangle dies

Distress oxide inks

Ink blending brushes

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

There are lots of little pieces to die cut and put together but it is actually a relaxing and fun process because they are so cute as they materialize! I ink blended the sand and sky first, then built the scene. It is fun to look for patterned papers (not that you have to use them at all) for the bathing suit, hat, towel, bag and flip flops. I also got to use my Target dollar spot beach hut/lifeguard stand prop for the first time. Lol!

See ya soon,

-Carol


5 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol this is a work of art! The patience in piecing all those tiny bits was so worth it though - your beach scene is just fabulous! It reminds me I need a holiday!! Thanks for your second play with my pastels challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Makira said...

WOW! This beach scene is fantastic! 🤍🤍🤍this!! I saw this at The Paper Players Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a monthly color challenge, Colorful Options Challenge; pastels are this month’s color. I invite you to come and join the fun! Have a creative & peaceful weekend. Join at https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/ Cheers, Makira

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! Makira, I will check it out! Thanks!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely FABULOUS card Carol! I have this die and you have completely inspired me to use it. The color combo is perfect with your scene and I just love all of the awesome detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Carol said...

Thanks Anne Marie!