Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter Egg Hunt

This stamp set was my last order from Jane's Doodles as she just closed her rubber stamp business. Now I wish I had ordered more from her over the years! She will have digital stamps in the future so her art will carry on. I tracked this order as it left her hands in Croatia, then accepted the package on Friday from my mail carrier, and had to make a card right away with these cute stamps! I CASEd a card on Jane's Instagram by Claudia Cubas here and tried to (hopefully) color it only half as well as hers.




Products I used:

Jane's Doodles: Happy Easter stamp set

Simon Says Stamp: Wonky stitched rectangle dies, Custom Copic Friendly White Cardstock

My Favorite Things: Grassy Fields die

Ranger: Distress inks

Ink blending brushes

Copic markers

I bought this Copic-friendly cardstock a while ago and decided to try it out with this card. It is MAGICAL! I can't even believe how well it colored and did not bleed AT ALL! The colors blended easily and I just can't get over it! I am no Copic expert, but it made blending colors so much easier for me.

I used the side of a piece of random cardstock to freehand ink blend the sky, moving it over for each color with no real measuring or color planning. (Risky tactic!) It's a rough version of a rainbow, but I just wanted a colorful background if possible. I fussy cut the image carefully before I popped up the Easter egg hunt scene on foam tape and mounted it on a white card base. 

Thanks Jane, for all the heart you put into your business as well as helping with the war in Ukraine. (She has been donating money/her proceeds to help the Ukrainian people.) 

I hope you are having a nice Easter Sunday. 

See you back here soon,

-Carol


No comments: