Saturday, April 8, 2023

Hello Sunshine

As the hostess for this Just Us Girls Challenge Word Week #674, I chose Sunshine. I'm hoping that where you live you are getting more and more of it with each passing day. I love when we change the clocks and have more sunlight in the evening. As a teacher it used to remind me that summer was on its way! Just wait until you see all the ideas the team has for you! I used a photo frame die that I have had for a while and have used it in a variety of ways.




Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Hello Sunshine Frame

Memory Box: Marine Sailboat die

SugarPea Designs: Wave Stencil

Concord and 9th: Dew Drops

Ranger: Distress oxide inks

Ink Blending brushes

I thought of the photo frame as soon as I picked sunshine for the challenge. I ink blended my panel first, using the stencil to add waves with the same colors as the sea base colors. Then I popped up the frame to have the sunset (or sunrise) in the middle. Last,  I arranged the sailboat and dew drops where I wanted them.

Please take a look at all the design team ideas because you will be inspired!!! Join us in the gallery!

-Carol

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty water scene with the stunning “sun”

cm said...

Your ocean/sailing scene is gorgeous and oh, how I love the way you've used your Sunshine frame. A smile-making card, indeed!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

Outstanding card, Carol! Your background scene looks incredible!

Bobby said...

Your sunset is gorgeous, Carol, and the little boat sailing away looks so peaceful.

Lisa Elton said...

Now THAT'S some pretty sunshine and I like the cute frame! Fabulous card, Carol!

Ina G said...

So colourful and a peaceful scene Carol. Love the diecut frame.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... love your blending... and just ingenious on how you added the sentiment!!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... Mr. Linky kicked me out of commenting again. Once more... wanted you to know that your blending is fabulous... and I love now you created the sentiment!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your stunning sky and beautiful sea. Very cool photo frame and sailboat sailing across the sea.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Loved our challenge word this week Carol and what a fab die - the polaroid frame captures that sunset beautifully. I love it when the clocks change too - warmer weather is one the way!

Lisa Kind said...

I love your card Carol, and this was such a great challenge! This week we had lots of sunshine. The background you created is amazing!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!!!!