Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Enjoy the Waves

The Paper Players Challenge #PP635 this week is Any Colors in Pastel Shades...and I thought of some shell dies I have yet to use. Spring break is over and it is only a little over a month until summer break starts, so why not think of the beach?








Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Summer Shells dies

Distress Oxide inks

Vellum

Concord and 9th: Dew Drop dots

Ink blending brushes

White Acrylic Paint

Aqua pen

Versafine: Onyx Black Ink pad

My Favorite Things: Life's A Beach stamp set

I die cut all of the dies in the set out of white cardstock. After removing each shell from the cardstock, I ink blended each one in the colors I wanted. I watered down some white acrylic paint and after dipping my aqua pen in the watery mess, I tried to spatter all over the die cuts. While they dried, I cut them again out of vellum. I ink blended some aqua distress ink across the middle of my card, then arranged the shells over it. I adhered them here and there and added dew drops. Last, I stamped the sentiment and the project was complete!

Are you thinking of the beach these days?

-Carol






3 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Carol, I love your fun card. The slim line card is a favorite of mine and so is the beach. I love all the seashells and the splatters of paint add so much detail! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So beautiful Carol - your pretty shells remind me of my beachcombing on Sanibel last summer - some fabulous shell finds (no junonia though - next time!) Love the slimline design too. Thanks for playing with my pastels challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! I am partial to beachy "stuff" in all walks of life!