Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Spring Cleaning with Paint

The As You See It Challenge #294: Spring Cleaning theme caught my eye because putting a fresh coat of paint on the walls of a room and organizing all of the contents in said room are the perfect refresh to do at this time of year. The challenge is to spring clean the stash and these paint chips have been staring at me for a long time. I got them to use with this paintbrush die set and I am happy to use both together today!





Products I used: 

Spellbinders: Artful Tulip die set

Stampin' Up!: Work of Art stamp set, Coastal Cabana ink pad, sequins

Silver cardstock

Versafine Onyx Black ink pad

Sequins

I made a 5" x 7" card base so the whole paintbrush would fit with a stroke of paint above it. I cut the paint chip in half and staggered the two pieces to go with the direction of the paintbrush mid stroke. I hoard some of my sequins too and these are some that I have had forever in my stash.

Speaking of spring cleaning, I need to get out of the stamp room and get to work on drawers and closets to be cleaned out! Do you do this every March/April?

-Carol



6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Paint chips - such a versatile resource! They work so well with the stamp set. Scraps can create amazing things - thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us at As You See It.

Carol said...

Thank you!

Heather Cooper said...

Carol, how cool is this card: the paint chips along with that great paint brush, with the paint stroke right over the amazingly appropriate sentiment! You nailed it! Thanks for spring cleaning with us at As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those paint chips are the perfect pairing to that fabulous arty brush - and a great way to use them up too! Thanks for playing along with our Spring Clean Your Stash challenge over at As You See It this week!

Heather said...

Wow, Carol, a fabulous design! I might have to start grabbing some of these at Home Depot - wonderful! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!! I need to get this paintbrush out more often. There are so many ideas out there using them!