Thursday, February 9, 2023

You Are My Sunshine

I saw today that The Paper Players PP626 Challenge is A Song In The Air...so I got into my stamps to look around for something. I found some vintage Paper Smooches stamps,  a favorite Ellen Hutson set, then got to work.




Products I used:

Paper Smooches: bird  and musical notes stamps

Ellen Hutson: sentiment

Altenew: flowers and leaves dies

My Favorite Things: cloud stencil

Distress inks

Blender brushes

Copic Markers

Stampin' Up! markers

Versafine Onyx Black ink pad

I started by drawing the wire for the birds to stand on with a Sharpie, then stamped the flamingos and toucan. I stamped my sentiment next, then masked the birds and the bottom half of the card so I could stencil the clouds. I stamped and die cut the sun and colored it in.  Next, I masked the top half of the card to ink blend the green background. I ink blended some scraps of white cardstock in the colors I wanted for my flowers and leaves, then I die cut and assembled them. I played around with the placement, then adhered the flower, leaves and sun on the bottom half of the panel. I made an A2 card base, then popped up my stamped panel on top of it. I guess I am ahead of summer by a lot, but the sentiment directed the whole card.

This was a fun idea for a challenge and it made me use some things that I haven't used in a long time. It also made me look at my stash in a different way to come up with a song theme. And I don't know about you, but now I have this song stuck in my head!

See you back here very soon!

-Carol





6 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

OMG Carol I just love this card! Full disclosure - I sing this to myself in the shower every morning, it always puts me in a good mood and reminds me of when my teens were babies and I used to sing this to them every day (I am now welling up!) I love how you created your little scene around your sentiment - so clever and such a cheery card. Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Joanne, I just love this story! Thank you!

Jaydee said...

Now this is sunshine on a card and, on a cold Minnesota day, makes me feel warmer just looking at it. Fabulous card. So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Carol said...

Thanks so much Jaydee!!!!

LeAnne said...

I went "awwww" when I saw this card, because I used to sing this to my daughter when she was little! What a fun, cheerful bright card, so happy and vibrant! The recipient will love it! Thanks for playing with my musical challenge this week at the Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Carol, I love every detail of your fun card. This is a song I sing to my grands. The singing birds and that sun peeking out of the leaves is adorable! Your card is so special! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week!