Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sparkle!

Since Valentine's Day is on its way soon, I decided to make a shaker Valentine card with heart-shaped openings. As our hostess this week at the Just Us Girls Challenge: Word Week, I chose Sparkle as our word and filled the hearts with bright, shiny, heart-shaped sprinkles. You've also got to go check out the team's ideas!!! It's a fun week! (How do you like my mug rug made by Ameroonie Designs? I love it!)












Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Spread the Sparkle stamp set

Horizon Group Wood Stamps: Inside sentiment

Simon Says Stamp: Stitched Wonky Hearts die

Stampin' Up!: Embossing powders

Pretty Pink Posh: Jewels

Recollections: Heart sprinkles

My mini slimline shaker card is a pretty easy and straightforward design. The sprinkles in the left shaker have colors, depending on the light, that include green and turquoise in addition to the magenta...but it was hard to catch the light to show all of those colors OR how sparkly they are! (The jewels match them in real life.) I heat embossed the sentiment for more shine. Do you enjoy receiving a shaker or other interactive card? I always have!

We can't wait to see your ideas for sparkle this week in our gallery!

-Carol



12 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... loving the bright pink sentiment! Did you make the quilt in the background...loving that too!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your shaker is adorable, Carol! Loved creating for your sparkle challenge!

Karen said...

One shaker is always great, but three shakers is just awesome! And when they're filled with sparkly goodness it's a real winner!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your shaker is awesome! I love the three hearts filled with the heart sprinkles paired with the hot pink sentiment. I so struggle with shakers, but keep trying to make them.

Nancy said...

This card is wonderful and I love your choice of colors. The embossed sentiment came out so crisp! Well done! It's going to be a full gallery!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun mini shaker! Perfect for Valentine's Day

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! Love your sparkly creations so much!

Bobby said...

Hearts within hearts made for a fun and colorful valentine, Carol.

Carol L said...

Your shaker card is so cute with that trio of hearts! I love all the sparkle from the tiny bits and the design is too cute!

Ina G said...

Wow Carol you certainly nailed your sparkle challenge here with this card so full of hearts and gorgeous colours. Your sentiment looks stunning. Love the mug rug.

cm said...

First: loved making my cards for this challenge. So.Much.Fun! Second: your shaker card is awesome, especially with the sparkly shaker bits. LOVE it!
hugs~carol

Lisa Kind said...

First of all: I love your card! I love the hearts and the sparkly shaker bits. Second: I sure did notice that mug rug in the background! I've been quilting quite a bit lately (a new craft) and am aware of Ameroonie Designs! She's quite talented.