Sunday, February 12, 2023

Pink, Red and Gold

The current Color Throwdown Challenge 729 is Red, Pink And Gold. So, I used some new dies (to me) from The Greetery and another Valentine is complete for this year! Arranging the flowers was almost like the real job of putting them carefully in a vessel in a way that makes them each stand out.




The Greetery: Market Basket dies and sentiments

Altenew: Into the Blooms II dies

Pretty Pink Posh: gems

Sparkly gold paper

Pink and red patterned papers

Distress Inks

Ink blending brush

I bought the basket dies weeks ago but hadn't used them yet. There are so many colors you can use to look like metals in the real ones. I also haven't used my blooms dies enough, so this was the perfect challenge to utilize them. I ink blended some of the petals but left others to be plain cardstock. You should see my red forearm and fingers after doing so...and trying not to ruin my new pink manicure! I also bent the petals so that they weren't flat, which you can see better in person.

Happy Valentine's Day to you. Be sure to treat yourself!

-Carol




4 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Sweet card! Love the basket of flowers! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Carol said...

Thank you Vicki!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a pretty basket of blooms and worth getting inky for Carol! Hope the manicure survived! Vicky x

Broni said...

It's a great arrangement and a great card! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown this week!