Friday, February 24, 2023

Thinking of You

I recently won this Dimensional Rectangles Stencil by Simon Says Stamp and I couldn't wait to give it a try! I LOVE it and it is so easy to use the 4 stencils in the pack. Then I saw this card on Pinterest and it gave me an idea to make a door by cutting apart the rectangles into individual pieces. I chose my colors because they are among my favorites and because Sunday Stamps is using them on their current challenge SSC303, Spring Dreaming!! (Where I live it is already spring/summer-like.)








Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Dimensional Rectangles Stencil

Ellen Hutson: All Inside (bear and heart die, bear stamp)

Lawn Fawn: Thinking of You Line Border die

Concord and 9th: mini ink pads

Chalk: (cheeks)

Versafine Onyx Black Ink pad

After I stenciled/cut apart the rectangles, I created a mini mini slimline-ish card to sit on top of an A2 card base. I popped up each rectangle with foam tape on the front of the little card. I die cut the sentiment three times and adhered them together for sturdiness and to stand out. Then I adhered them to the A2 card front. I stamped and die cut two bears and added blush to their cheeks with chalk. Next I adhered the mini card to the left front of the A2 base and adhered the back to back bears to the door on the inside, peeking out. I couldn't bear to put a door knob on the little door and throw off the symmetry of the rectangles. The inside of the mini card could be for writing a message to the person getting this card or for a gift card, as well as inside the A2 card base.

The colors of this challenge are GORGEOUS and I couldn't help but play. Hope it made you smile!

-Carol


7 comments:

Stef Perry said...

What a clever design, Carol! That cute bear peeking out just tickles me and I love the idea of putting a gift card inside the mini slim card on the front! Thank you so much for sharing this darling card with us at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

So cute! Love the little bear peeking out, such a fun design! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

dj said...

Adorable take on our "Spring Dreaming" color challenge with that peek a boo bear!! Fun and creative use of our color combo!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC303

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies! This bear is a winning element however you use him!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Carol, I love this! What a great design, and those rectangles are brilliant! What an amazing stencil set! I adore that peeking bear, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Melissa Grant said...

How cute! What a great card design you created with that fabulous stencil and our colors from our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!! It was a fun card to create with the gorgeous colors of the challenge, especially with my new stencil set!!!