Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Hugs

This shell stencil was a great purchase several years ago because there are endless color combinations to use with it. This week I am so pleased to be a guest designer for The Color Throwdown #731 where we are using Pale Yellow, Aqua, Navy and Pink. 







Products I used:

The Crafter's Workshop: Carmen Medlin's Sea Creatures 12" x 12" stencil

Ranger Distress Oxide inks

Ink blending brushes

Pretty Pink Posh: jewels

Pink and Main: Hugs dies

I used just the four colors of ink from the challenge on a panel of white cardstock. What I like about stencils is how quick and easy they can be...the only tricky part was positioning them on the card so that several shells fit and filled in the space. I was able to fit in five shells and decided to add a large die cut sentiment backed with aqua vellum. Then I added jewels in some of the challenge colors for sparkle. I mounted my stenciled panel on an aqua/teal piece of cardstock and mounted that onto a  5" x 7" card base.

I can't wait to see all the cards in the gallery this week using these colors!

-Carol

2 comments:

Broni said...

Carol, this is just beautiful! I love it!! I'm so glad you're our Guest Star Stamper this week!!

Carol said...

That is so nice of you to say Broni!!!