Saturday, February 18, 2023

Just Us Girls #667 Moodboard

For our second new moodboard challenge of the year, Just Us Girls teammate Vicki has endless choices for you to make into a card. I went with the magazine cover (top right part of her board)/Andy Warhol style with a stamp I have had forEVER.




A Warhol style card by Mary Fish of Stampin' Pretty blog.



My stamp reminds me of the queen in a deck of cards, too. I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Then I pulled colors from all over Vicki's board and used watercolor pens from Artistry by Altenew (I recently won them!) as well as some watercolor pencils and an aqua pen. The watercoloring is a little better in person than it appears in my picture as I am not a master photographer. I decided to made a graphic background for my panel with colors taken from the face. I thought that the card needed a little more detail, so I agonized over where to place some sequins. This is how it ended up. It is a very different style from my usual, but I figured I can use it as a notecard and write my own message inside for whatever the occasion is at the time.

Join us this week...there are flowers, an ombré Hello, a color palette, a tropical scene and many other things as jumping off points for you. We love seeing your creative ideas in our gallery. Hope to see your cards soon!

-Carol

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun face and great inspired card!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... OMGosh... this is adorable!!! So incredibly fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee, you had the perfect stamp! What a fun card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks girls! I am enjoying your cards as well!

Nancy said...

You took a tough board and really came out on top with this stamp! Love the inspired card too. Well done!

Bobby said...

So graphic and artsy, Carol. I love that face. With the heart cheeks your card could even be a valentine.

Cindy Beach said...

This is fabulous, Carol! Creative take and so fun!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies...I appreciate your kind comments!

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun and creative Carol.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That awesome stamp was made for this challenge! I love your Andy Warhol inspired card with the blocks of color. You definitely nailed this challenge!