Friday, December 16, 2022

Jingle Bells

I have one more tag for the Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas 2022. I have had this Ellen Hutson Die set for years and have not completed one...and looking back on others' takes on it I came up with this version which was inspired by Day 11: Jingle Bells. I put bells on her bow and put her on a package under our tree with a big jingle bell decoration. If you have ever worn bells with your holiday outfit, you know you hear the ringing all day and evening long...I think she looks fun and festive with her bells!




Products I used:

Ellen Hutson Bear Hugs die set (bear, present, heart - I freehanded her bow)

Felt

Silver, white and Charcoal DMC embroidery thread

Silver cording

Mini jingle bells

Lawn Fawn Oliver's Stitched ABCs die

Baker's Twine: Ellen Hutson freebie in an order


Sewing secrets:

I made a pocket in the back for cash to be hidden, but my stitching wasn't camera-worthy.

Metallic thread has always been a pain to thread onto a needle and sew with, and this time was no different.

I didn't have black embroidery floss so it is charcoal and her nose does not have nostrils, that is lint.  (lol)

The S is for the person that the present is for...and this could be an ornament as well!

Hope your holiday season is going well...and that all your bells jingle with delight!

(P.S. Oral surgery went well yesterday and I was able to sit and stitch today, while recuperating and taking it easy.)

-Carol



No comments: