Wednesday, December 14, 2022

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Here is a tag I just made for the 2022 Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas. I was inspired by Day 8: I'll Be Home For Christmas. When our daughter went to live at college her freshman year and we brought her home for Christmas break in December, she got so excited to see our street lit up with lights and decorations on so many neighbors' houses. We had just moved to a new home in our new state in June, prior to her starting school. She didn't really know our new house/neighborhood since she went straight into a summer program before freshman year. Ever since she was a toddler we have driven around our neighborhoods to look at the "ights" as a family tradition and she was excited to do it even as a college student. When I looked at my Light Parade stamp set by Ellen Hutson, it gave me the idea to make a shaker tag using the neighborhood with house lights/decorations and the corresponding sentiment.



Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Light Parade stamp set

Hero Arts: Tag dies

Prismacolor pencils

Versafine Onyx Black ink

White glitter card stock

White polka dot acetate

Silver cord

Sequins

Seed Beads

Red ribbon (from a cute little store in Hendersonville, NC)

If I didn't have dental surgery tomorrow I would be making more tags for this challenge. At least I got one made. I have been enjoying all the tag ideas since the challenge started.

See you back here soon!

-Carol



2 comments:

~amy~ said...

awwww....love the story you shared.
Your tag is fantastic and good luck today!

Carol said...

Thank you Amy for the sweet message!!