Thursday, November 3, 2022

You Bake the World a Better Place

I have loved the cookie stamp and die cards out there for at least a year or two and decided to go through what I have already in my stash. I wanted to see if I could "make some cookies" of my own. Here is what I came up with and shared over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog #47 Anything Christmas Goes.








I was inspired by Chez Parmentier's card...wish I had her sentiment stamps for the front and inside.





Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Scentsational Season dies, Stacked Star dies, Cherry Cobbler Classic ink pad, Greetings of the Season (inside sentiment stamp set)

Concord and 9th: Plaid Background Stamp Set

Gina K: Fine detail white embossing powder

Papertrey Ink: To Die For Sentiments: Christmas die

SugarPea Designs: Card Front Element Builder scalloped rectangle die

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip dies

Poppy Stamps: Life is Sweet clear stamp set

Glitter card stock: red, white

Tan card stock 

Random rhinestones from my stash


I basically cut my "cookies" with the tree, star and candy cane dies out of glitter card stock. Then I grabbed some tan card stock and drew around the outside of the die, which was bigger than the die cut itself for each shape. I hand cut them out, then ink blended the edges to look like browned, cooked cookies. I adhered the glitter die cuts onto the tan ones to make each cookie.

I heat embossed the buffalo plaid onto another piece of the same tan colored card stock. I cut that panel with the scalloped rectangle die. I die cut the "you" out of black card stock. A stamped the sentiment on a die cut banner, random rhinestones and popped up cookies on foam tape finished my card. I love the sentiments in this Poppy Stamps set...they are all punny. My inside sentiment is a play on words..."season" for the spice in the cookies?!!!

Now I want to continue looking through my stash for more "cookie" worthy dies to make more cards like this one! See you back here soon with more holiday goodies!

-Carol


No comments: