Saturday, November 5, 2022

Give Thanks

This week at Just Us Girls it is Word Week #657: Fence! I happened to buy a fence die this year and was happy to know I could execute this challenge with it. It also gave me an excuse to use my bicycle dies again too! It ended up being a Thanksgiving card.



Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Fence

Honey Bee Stamps: Bicycle dies

Spellbinders:  Apples and leaves

Stampin' Up!: Sentiment

Concord and 9th: Ink

I started by ink blending the grass and stenciling the sky. Next, I ink blended the colors I wanted for the "turning" leaves and the apples all over a strip of white card stock. Then I die cut duplicates of each kind of leaf and the apples. I die cut the bicycle and basket in fall colors. I assembled the bicycle, then the fun but tricky contents of the basket. After the bike was adhered to the card, I stamped the sentiment where I had room left. The last thing I did was pop up the basket with foam tape and add some falling leaves at the bottom of the card.

Hope your fall is going well and that you have time to join us this week!

Carol






12 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

This is fabulous, Carol! What a lovely scene and the bicycle looks so festive decked out with the basket of apples. Great colors and design! I love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Amazing scene! I love the bicycle sitting in front of the fence and so cool to make this a fall scene with the basket filled with apples and leaves. Awesome background, too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That bike is perfect with the fence! Reminds me of my childhood actually :)

Julia Aston said...

what a great scene with the basket full of leaves and cut apples!

Bobby said...

What a wonderful Fall scene, Carol. I love that bike and it looks great along the fenceline. Having some of the leaves and apples fall from the basket was a great design choice.

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic!

Nancy said...

I could not love this anymore! Well done, my friend!

Ina G said...

Fabulous Carol. Love this lovely layout. You certainly nailed this word challenge.

cm said...

Your bike, with its apples-and-leaves filled basket, and fence make for an amazing thank you card! Perfect for this challenge!
hugs~carol

Karren said...

Gorgeous scene card! The fence and bicycle were made to go together! I'm so pleased to be playing along with the team this month.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... so love all the little details on your card. The apples are just amazing... a feast for the eyes!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! I enjoy playing with this set and pairing it with things I already own. Another one should be coming soon!