Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Peace

For our November challenge at Christmas Craft Creations we are using washi tape as the main feature/element of our cards. I have had the washi tape shown here for quite a few years and was happy to use each design that I own in black and gold for this challenge!





Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: ornament punch

Washi tape: various brands

Gold glitter paper

Black card stock

Permanent fine marker

Ruler

Foam tape

The Peace die is cut out of white card stock and colored black with a marker (I don't know the brand of the die - it belongs to a friend.)

Gold (slightly sparkly) envelope

I placed washi tape strips on a piece of white card stock close together. Then I punched out the ornament shapes from the washi-covered card stock. I played with placement on the card, then marked with pencil where each ornament should sit. I drew a black line, with my marker and a ruler from the top of the card to each ornament's spot. Next, I popped up the ornaments with foam tape. The left side of the card is a strip of gold glitter paper and black card stock. Pretty easy card!

Hope you will join us this month with washi tape as the main element of the card!

-Carol


 

3 comments:

Ina G said...

Oh Carol you have nailed this challenge to perfection. Looooooooove it, the layout and colours are fabulous with that awesome washi tape. WOWZA!

Carol said...

Thank you Ina!!!!!

ElizStewart said...

Your washi card is gorgeous! I am making one tonight for the challenge and will fill out the paperwork tomorrow. Thank you so much. I am surprised that I hadn't found this challenge myself. I needed a Christmas challenge though I will need a lot more than 12 cards! Love the idea that this is always a theme challenge. I struggle with color challenges... my mind doesn't work in a limited array of colors. :)