Friday, November 25, 2022

Jingle Shells

I have been wanting to try to make sandmen with my snowmen stamps since seeing a new stamp set this year but wanting to try to use what I already have. This almost-one-layer card is in no way perfect, but I will try again soon with a different approach. It loosely represents my little family and reminds me of our first year back here in the tropical zone. (We have moved here three times!) I am playing along at Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge with optional Santa.





I used all wooden stamps that are AGES old, plus chalks and ink blending to color. I drew in the little hills of sand and pieces of sand being thrown around. I hope you are having a good Black Friday...I am not leaving the house except to take a walk if it cools off before dark!!!

-Carol

3 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

I can't imagine a Christmas in a warm climate... snow is the norm for me. This is such a cute tropical holiday card. Love the sand characters! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

foleysfriend said...

Adorable! What a fabulous tropical Christmas card. You've done a great job of creating sandmen and a sandcat! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Carol said...

Thanks Alyson and Sue...it seemed old school because I love making cards with just dies now. Glad you liked it!