Saturday, November 26, 2022

Happy Everything

For our last post at Just Us Girls in 2022 we have Photo Challenge #660. Isn't the photo that Vicki chose a great scene? I love all the blue, silver and gold! I had a few ideas in my head and must have seen a couple of things that resulted in this ornament card with my new Reverse Confetti frame that I snagged just before they sadly closed shop.





Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Ornament stamp, star border punch

Reverse Confetti: Frame die

GinaK: Fine Detail White embossing powder

Rhinestones

Versafine Onyx Black and Watermark ink pads

Archival Ink in cobalt

Blending brushes

All this took was heat embossing the ornament stamp (on a navy card stock panel) with Versamark watermark ink and white embossing powder. I copied a Yana Smakula technique of ink blending dark blue and black inks around the edge of my embossed panel to make the ornament pop in the center where I left the navy panel as it was originally. I added punched gold stars and clear rhinestones to sparkle the panel up a bit. I cut down the navy panel to hide it behind the wavy frame that I die cut from white textured card stock. I adhered the panel and frame to a white A2 card base and was done!

We hope you will join us this week with this holiday inspired photo challenge! I look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery!


-Carol

14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this navy background gorgeous card

ElizStewart said...

Carol... you are right! That frame die is fun, fun, fun! Great card. Wishing you and your family an amazing holiday!

Stef Perry said...

Ooo, your card is gorgeous Carol! Nothing like navy with white and gold to create something elegant, matching the inspiration photo so well. Plus, the ink blending really did the job to make the ornament pop. Love this!

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely card and I love the frame! Happy Holidays!

cm said...

Your ornament is gorgeous! I'd love a collection of them for my tree! Inspired and inspiring take on the photo!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!! I took inspiration from Yana and others...

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Carol! Love the way your ornament fills the card!

Karren said...

This is fabulous! The ink-blending really does make the ornament pop - great technique!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Bobby said...

The inking around the edges really makes a difference, Carol. Such a lovely card!

Ina G said...

Love the rich navy background Carol. Just makes that beautiful bauble stand out amazingly. Super sentiment. Mewrry Christmas.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that white embossed ornament against the navy and your beautifully ink blending around the edges! The gold stars and rhinestones are the perfect finishing touches on this beauty! Merry Christmas!

Nancy said...

One of my favs in the lineup at JUGS! Enjoy the break and I will talk with you soon!

Carol said...

Thank you girls...I really enjoyed this months cards from the team!!!