Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Christmas Calories

I made this CAS card today for The Paper Players PP619 Sketch and AAA Card #229 Small and Few + Baked Goods Challenges. Now I really want to get out my sugar cookie recipe and make frosted, sprinkled, cookie cutter sugar cookies!!!





Products I used:

Pink and Main: Sweet Christmas stamps and dies

Silver card stock (handmade cookie sheet)

Copic markers

Prismacolor pencils

Versafine Onyx Black Ink


I'm actually making a family cookie recipe tonight, but the holiday season also calls for Russian Teacakes/Mexican Wedding Cookies, Spritz and other special recipes. Do you know the easy way to make cake pops? First wash your hands! Taking a frosted cake  you get from the store, pull it apart with your hands into small pieces...frosting/icing included.  Again with your hands, form balls and stick a lollipop stick in it. Dip in melted candy melts. Stand up in styrofoam (or stand on its top with the stick pointing upward) to dry. Add sprinkles right away if desired. If you look up Cake Pops on YouTube you will find all sorts of ways to make them!

Like the card says, Christmas calories don't count!

Happy Holidays!

-Carol

4 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Carol, your card is too sweet! Love that piece that looks like a cookie sheet-too clever! And perfect sentiment too! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players!

Tristan said...

Super cute Christmas card Carol. Love the little images. Thanks for joinin us at AAA Cards.

LeAnne said...

This is adorable!! That little cookie sheet is the cutest thing! I LOVE Russian Teacakes (I thought they were called "Brush-your-teeth cakes" when I was a kid) and Spritz....they are definitely on my Christmas cookie-making list! So happy you shared this with us at the Players this week, calories or not!

Carol said...

Thank you all...when I saw someone else make a cookie sheet with silver cardstock a while back, I had to start doing the same!