Thursday, November 24, 2022

Holiday Gift Tag Scene

This week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge #189, I made our board because I am the hostess! I am hoping to inspire cardmakers to get some holiday tags done...so here is mine and the design team will have lots of good ideas...as they always do. (You can make a card and not a tag if you avoid the center square on the board!) I chose the top left diagonal row: December Holiday, Tag, Sparkle/Shiny. I staged so many pictures and on this rainy day, this first one below came out the best. A mug tag, get it?









Products I used: 

CASual Fridays: Mug die

Pretty Pink Posh: Winter Scene die set

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Sizzix (Tim Holtz): Tiny Snowglobes dies (deer)

Waffle Flower: Dome dies (cup handle)

Rhinestones

Wink of Stella pen

Twine

Ink blending brushes

I die cut the mug, but extended it to be taller by cutting part way down, then moving the die down to cut the bottom of the mug lower on my cardstock. I cut off the handle because it was now too high on the mug. I cut two sizes of domes at the same time to make the new handle. I ink blended blue ink on the handle and mug top. Then I adhered the handle on the back side of the mug. I cut another mug body and adhered it to the back of the one I just add in to, in order to cover where I had adhered the handle. For the cocoa, I ink blended that piece with brown inks and adhered it in its space at the top of the mug.

I die cut the winter scene, then took it apart. I ink blended green ink on the trees and scribbled Wink of Stella all over the snow. I removed the sky and used it as a stencil to add white dots in the sky on the mug.  Next I adhered the pieced-back-together scene. I die cut the deer and adhered it to the scene. I stamped the sentiment in the sky. Last, I put rhinestones in the sky for sparkle.

Please join the challenge this week and get some fun holiday tags/cards done!! 

-Carol


2 comments:

Stef Perry said...

This turned out sooo pretty, Carol! A mug tag on a mug - very clever of you. Love the colors and the beautiful ink blended scene. Such a great idea, I'm so glad you made it come to life!

Carol said...

Thanks Stef!!!