Saturday, October 15, 2022

Lots of Love

For our JUGS Color Week Challenge #654 Lisa K. has chosen light blue, orange and brown. I thought this was going to be a hard color combo for me until I looked around Pinterest and saw floral ideas galore! Look at all the variety of ideas the design team came up with too!






Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Harmonious Hibiscus Background stamp, Well, Hello stamp set

Gina K: Charcoal Brown ink pad

Pink Fresh Studio: Diagonal Stitched Rectangle dies

Pink and Main: Enamel dots

Prismacolor pencils

Archival Ink: Cobalt ink pad

Ranger Distress Ink: Carved pumpkin ink pad

Blending brushes

I sat this huge stamp down on my desk facing up and pounced my ink pad on it to ink it well. I placed my white card stock panel face down and rubbed it well all over while carefully holding it in place. I gingerly lifted it off the stamped panel and stopped holding my breath when I saw that I hadn't smeared or moved it while rubbing. I ink blended orange and blue inks in the middle of the flowers, then added pencil for shading. I decided to color in the background (wouldn't do that again) and I shaded areas to try to get some shadow effect. 

I matted the completed panel with dark brown card stock, then mounted it onto a blue A2 card base. I added enamel dots and a double matted die cut banner with the sentiment stamped on top.

We hope you will play along with us this week with this fall color combo!

-Carol




 

13 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is stunning! I love that background stamp and how you used this week's colors to make a gorgeous card! The sentiment on the layered banner strips is perfect to not take away from that background.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... one word, gorgeous! I think the effort you put into coloring the background was soooo worth it!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! Coloring like a child was cathartic! LOL!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent use of the colors! That blue background looks amazing with your dye cut images

Fran Wing said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Carol!! And very inspirational for your use of colors and technique.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh WOW Carol, what a stunner!! Definitely well worth all your colouring work!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your kind words! Sorry I can't reply individually. Blogger issue for commenting.

Stef Perry said...

Carol, your card took my breath away! This stamp was a brilliant choice for this color combo and your delicate coloring of the flowers is remarkable. While it may have been a pain to do lol, I think coloring the background gave so much depth overall. Well done, my friend!

Nancy said...

So worth the effort as this is one beautiful card! I was in awe when I saw it! Well done!

Lisa Elton said...

So incredibly beautiful, Carol!!

Ina G said...

This card is a stunner and how you have blended the colours is beautiful. Loved the matting on your sentiment too.

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is a stunner! I’m glad you found a way to use the colors so well.

Carol said...

Thank you girls! I appreciate your comments!