Saturday, October 22, 2022

Best Friends

I spent some time today making a card for our Just Us Girls Challenge #655 Photo Week. It was a perfect day spent doing what I love...creating something handmade. Our super talented teammate Cécile picked the photo for the team and all of you, and I can't wait to see how everyone is inspired by it. There are many ways to design a card from her photo...the colors, the sentiment, one or more of the elements in the photo, etc. Here is what I made.













Sorry for all the pictures! It was hard to show that I used acetate for glass in the window and that the awning sticks out over the ladies' table. The inside is boring, but I love that font and what it says!

Products I used:

Honey Bee Stamps: She Shed stamps and dies

Studio 112: Best Friends stamps (probably the dollar spot at Michael's or Joanne Fabrics long ago)

Pretty Pink Posh: Inside sentiment

Copics

Prismacolor pencils

Stampin; Up!: Word Window punch

Pink and Main: banner die

Versafine: Onyx black ink

Foam tape

I made the awning first, following #stampingwithdi's tutorial here. Then I had to choose patterned papers, die cut the window and cut acetate to fit/adhere to it, stamp the ladies/window sign and color them, work on placement of everything, and NOT MESS up after each of the steps I had taken to get the next parts of the card completed. (I am the queen of ink on the side of my hand, touching the card somewhere I shouldn't!) Probably held my breath a lot. LOL!

I LOVE the string of lights every time I use it...probably because I also love these lights in real life too! I added a grey card stock "sidewalk" and fussy cut the ladies. I (personally) really like that the card is not flat, but has raised areas that make it seem more "real."

We hope you will join us this week and look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery!

-Carol


11 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely adorable! So relevant...love it.

Lisa Elton said...

This is cute Carol! Love the way you've layered everything together and that awning is fantastic!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun coffee time!

Bobby said...

You've created an awesome little scene, Carol. I can't imagine fussy cutting those tiny ladies but they look like they're having a great time under the wonderful awning.

cm said...

Such a fun coffee-and-friends themed card, Carol! I'd love to step into that image...especially as we're having our first snow fall of the year. Already up to 15 cm. it can stop any time!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

Great take on the Photo and your scene is just delightful. I love all the added photos too as it makes us appreciate your efforts.

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how the photo inspired this awesome scene with so many amazing details! That awning is so cool and love those lights. So much love went into this with great results!

Ina G said...

OMG this has soooooooooooo much eye candy here Carol. You have pieced this little scene beautifully. So colourful and so inviting. I need a coffee now!

Carol said...

Thanks girls! It was fun to make!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an awesome and super fun friendship card, Carol! I love the design and the happy colors.