Thursday, October 13, 2022

Home

I made this card for our Tic Tac Toe Challenge #183 this week using the middle row across: Add an envelope, Grateful, Sparkle. I had only a little of this patterned paper left so I used the bottom of the stems of the flowers for the flap of the envelope...it still coordinates!





Products I used: 

Pink Fresh Studio: Built on Dreams stamp and die sets

Stampin' Up!: Patterned paper and felt flowers

Pink and Main: Banner die

Buttons Galore: Sequins

Pretty Pink Posh: Jewels

Red line tape

Glue dots

Glue

I had this Pink Fresh Studio house stamp set and die in my cart numerous times and finally pulled the trigger...so glad I did. Can't wait to make a Christmas project with it...stay tuned! First I die cut the house out of patterned paper. Next, I CASEd an idea from the Pink Fresh website where Maria Celeste Gonzalo traced/hand cut around the die itself to make a mat for the die cut. I did this with heavy white cardstock, twice. I had felt flowers that go with the patterned paper and knew I was going to use them to embellish the card front. I adhered the patterned paper to one house die cut, then embellished it with my stamped sentiments, sequins and jewels. I scored the left side of the second house at 1/4" and used red line tape to adhere it behind the front house. The score mark allowed me to open the card like any other. I plan to use it for a Thanksgiving card for my daughter.

The card fits in an A2 envelope just fine. I need to get started on my December project using these stamps and dies...I have two in mind.

We hope you will join us this week for our fall inspired board!

-Carol

3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Love this sweet card and matching envelope! The felt flowers are such a neat embellishment!

Stef Perry said...

Well done converting Maria's hack into this darling card, Carol! I can hardly wait to see the Christmas versions!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies...so kind of you!