Sunday, October 2, 2022

Eat, Drink & Be Scary

The Color Throwdown Challenge #712 has a fabulous fall photo with the colors blue, orange, cream and kraft. I have a new halloween die set that I have just used once and have been wanting to get out for more fun...so here is my card for their challenge this week!






Products I used:

Trinity Stamps: Boo Brew Die set

Pink and Main: enamel dots

Concord and 9th, Stampin' Up!, Gina K, Ranger Distress Inks: ink pads

Stampin' Up!: sentiment stamp

Baker's twine

Aqua Painter

Cream colored watercolor paper (whipped cream and sentiment)

Prismacolor pencils

Foam tape

I watercolored a variety of inks on cream colored watercolor paper with an aqua painter, then die cut my cups and accessories. I added colored pencil here and there for shading, including on the whipped cream. I pieced them together and arranged them with foam tape on my mini slimline kraft card base that I matted with a piece of blue patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment and fussy cut it out for the blue cup. I added some enamel dots and tied a piece of metallic kraft baker's twine to one of the cups for added detail. 

I love these little cups and this fall use of them is just one of the ideas I have for them through the seasons! I also needed to make something this weekend for World Cardmaking Day AND, to destress from last week's  Hurricane Ian, whose destruction just missed our neighborhood by a couple of miles...we had very high winds and rain, but little to no damage. We lost all communication as soon as it made landfall south of us and didn't know its path for hours and hours, but we were very blessed in the end. I can't even comprehend how scary and devastating this storm was for the people who got the worst of it. I will post valid charities for donations (once I find them) to help the people who weren't so fortunate. 

-Carol


3 comments:

Trina P. said...

So cute and great use of the colours from the challenge.

Broni said...

Cool dies and super cool card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! It was a fun make!!