Saturday, October 1, 2022

Let's Brew Up Some Fun

For our Just Us Girls Word Week Challenge #654, Ina has us using scraps! My card has to be opened to see all the scraps, but the front is a little sneak peak of that. It's an easy challenge, so we hope you will join us this week!











Products I used:

Pink and Main: Halloween Brew stamp set

Prismacolor pencils

Versafine Archival Onyx Black Ink

Various patterned paper scraps

See you in the gallery!

I have made this fun fancy fold before and I now have it memorized. 
Cut a piece of card stock 5.5" x 12" and score on the long edge at 4" and 8." 
Make a light pencil mark at 2" down from the top along the 4" score. 
Make another pencil mark 2" up along the 8" score. 
Score from those marks to the outer corner of the panels on both sides of the mark. (See the photo to understand this part.) 
Cut patterned paper scraps to mat each of the resulting spaces on the card. (For the larger pieces and the white center piece, I cut a 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" inch rectangle, then marked with pencil where the diagonal cuts should be made. Then I used the pieces I cut off of those larger mats to use in the small spots or as a template for all the small ones.) You have to be careful with one way designs like my pumpkin paper. It could end up being upside down in the space it needs to fill.

Message me on Instagram (@sawithadtomkeit) if you have questions!

-Carol



10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun fold card!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Carol, what a fab make, a brilliant way to use your scraps. Love the little spider dude too!

Carol said...

Thanks! It's easier than it looks and I love picking the papers for this card!

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes did you ever create something fabulous with your scraps! So cute, Carol!

cm said...

Way to go in transforming your scraps into a fun, fabulous work-of-art! LOVE this!!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

What a fun funfoldl card, Carol. All those scraps work so well together for this cute card.

Ina G said...

Love love love it Carol and what a beautiful card with such gorgeous scraps. Love the fun fold.

Carol said...

Thanks girls!!!!

Lisa Kind said...

I love the design of your card, but I loving the scraps! I love the color palette. This is such a cool card and great way to use up those scraps.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a clever use of all these pretty scraps, Carol. The mix of patterns and colors is beautiful.