Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Shop 'til You Drop Birthday Card

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Shimmer and Shine caught my eye this week. I love this gift bag die and its little handles and tag, and need to use it more often. I also knew that I had a sentiment or two somewhere that had to do with shopping, so I started looking through my stash, grabbing gold this and that to add to the card. Here is the card that resulted.




Products I used:

Waffle Flower: Flat bag die

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Elements Builder

American Crafts: Patio Party patterned papers

Pink and Main: Sequins

Foam tape

Gold tissue paper

Gold Card stock

My Favorite Things: Sentiment

Versamark watermark ink

Gold embossing powder

Vellum

Adhesive tape (to attach the tissue paper to the bags on the back)

I decided that I wanted to incorporate gold as much possible without being over the top. I found a little pad of patterned papers, some with gold details, and was delighted to discover that the top of each little page had a little strip of one of the other patterns on it. I took advantage of that and cut my bags with that part of the sheet. It is fun to put the bags together, fill them with items, and in this case, I just used gold tissue paper. I used gold card stock for the handle on one bag and the tags on three. I  popped them up a little for a more realistic looking bag! I didn't want the sentiment to cover the bags too much so I chose vellum and heat embossed the wording with gold powder.

Now that I made this "gilded" birthday card, I have an example to CASE myself in the future!

See you soon,

-Carol



2 comments:

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

What a great card! I love how detailed it is.

Carol said...

Thank you! It's a fun die to play with!