Saturday, August 27, 2022

Back to School Teacher Card

Since I was a teacher my whole life, I have many teacher friends. I think of them when school starts because every year there are new stresses and harder issues. I thought I would dedicate my Just Us Girls #647 Challenge: Back to School Card to a math teacher friend of mine. We worked together at a difficult school but we kept our sanity by getting together outside of school to have lunch out and take our time eating! (We had 25 minutes from the time the kids left for lunch until we were teaching again.) 








I decided to make an asymmetrical card for a change (sort of geometric for a math teacher) and chopped off half of the front of the card base. Then I matted the card inside and out with patterned papers that look math-related. I stamped my image and colored it with markers. I matted the image with card stock and attached it to the diagonal card front. Easy!! I wrote a message to her in the white area of the inside left panel of the card.

We hope you will join us this week with Back to School cards...maybe for a student, teacher, aide, cafeteria worker or bus driver? They all need our support and believe me they appreciate the thought!

Products I used: 

Stamp: American Art Stamp: Teacher

Markers: Stampin' Up!

Various patterned papers and card stock

Ink: Versafine Archival Onyx Black


Hope to see your school-related cards in our gallery! 

-Carol

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Ha, what a fun sentiment! This is too cute, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa
!

cm said...

How perfect is this card for your math-teacher friend! Love it! I, too, was a teacher for many years - high school English. Happy to be retired!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Carol... love the layout! So fun and different. The stamp is priceless; I have several teacher friends who would get a kick out of this card!

Nancy said...

Every bit of this was well thought out and blends perfectly! I adore it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

The sentiment made me smile -- cute card layout too

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome! I love your frazzled teacher and that sentiment is absolutely perfect!

Cathy said...

Such a great design for a maths teacher! Love the image, Cathy x

Bobby said...

This is so appropriate, Carol, and funny, not funny. My daughter just retired from teaching this year and she could give you a million reasons why. The kids are missing out IMHO.

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun card. Love the image and such super dp's. Nice fold too. Loved reading your story btw.