Monday, August 22, 2022

Message in a Bottle

The Paper Players Clean and Simple Challenge PP605 is everything and anything Nautical. I wanted to try something a little different and looked around for something that caught my eye. I CASEd a 2016 post from JJ Bolton here that I thought was fun.




I love a beachy scene and this one evolved as I worked on it. I adhered my wave patterned paper to the front of an A2 card base. I stamped my bottle on the front of the card base, then hand cut it out a little bigger than the image (I don't have the bottle die). Next, I stamped the bottle on a piece of white card stock, then cut a tiny stencil for clouds. I also used the stencil upside down for the waves! I cut the bottle by hand so it would be easy to place in the opening on the front of the card. I die cut my boat and mast out of wood grain card stock and adhered it to the stenciled bottle. I die cut the sails and popped them up on foam tape, then drew the birds in the distance with a black pen. I knew I had a tiny tag stamp, and after I stamped it I wrote the message on it.

It might look like a lot of work, but it really wasn't. I had the card I was CASEing to look at and my stash to pull from. I was a fun make!

Products I used:

Memory Box: Marina Sailboat die

Flora and Fauna: Bottle stamp

Recollections: Jar and tags stamp set

Prismacolor: colored pencil (cork)

Versafine: Black Onyx ink

Stampin' UP!: classic ink

Blending brushes


Hope you can still enjoy summer a little longer where you are...I am hanging on as long as possible!

-Carol

 

3 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Love the ship in a bottle scene and clever you to use the same mask for the clouds and the waves. Looks great! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love your little ship in a bottle Carol! The punny sentiment is such a fun touch, too. Thank you so much for joining us the week over at The Paper Players!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! It was a tricky one to make, but fun nevertheless!