Thursday, August 18, 2022

Hi My Fabulous Friend

I was intrigued when stitching on card stock first came about but I resisted...I had my cross stitch period long ago and wasn't sure I wanted to add it to what I have going on now. But the recent Spellbinders stitched alphabet lured me in. I started with the two letters you see here...and I know they won't be the last! It takes just minutes to complete the stitching part! The third picture below is an example of two of Yana Smakula's cards using these letters. I am using this card for this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge #175: middle row left to right...embellishments, die cuts, leaves.






Yana Smakula's samples



Products used:


Spellbinders: Stitched Alphabet dies, Artful Tulips die set

DMC floss

Rhinestones

Stampin' Up!: sentiment, Classic ink pad

Color Wheel

I die cut the letters three times out of Stampin' Up! regular weight white cardstock and glued them together for sturdiness. (Yana Smakula suggested two of each letter out of thick cardstock.) I used 6 strands of floss but I think 4 might be better. I also used a color wheel as she suggests to pick analogous colors from it...the ones beside each other...because they go well together since they are similar (in addition to white, a neutral).

I am anxious to make more projects with these dies! I am contemplating Christmas projects with more of these dies. It's really, really fun to stitch them!

Have you joined this technique?!! Many stamp companies have stitched options now!

-Carol









No comments: