Monday, August 15, 2022

Summer Wreath

Earlier this summer I saw this idea of a wreath with summer elements attached and have been wanting a reason to try it. The Timeout Challenge #220 Make Your Own Background caught my eye and this is what I created. School may be back in session but the season is still summer!






I took a panel of white cardstock and lightly ink blended with distress inks. Then I stenciled tropical leaves more heavily with the same colors. Last, I moved the stencil all over as I stenciled the leaves here and there with white (Picket Fence) distress ink to get a layered look. If you look closely you can see the white stenciled layer over the rest of the leaves. It is a bokeh technique that I use sometimes with different shapes each time. Finally, I die cut the panel to get the wavy stitching. Here is a good tutorial for bokeh technique.

I die cut several types of tropical leaves and arranged them in a circle to make a wreath. This took a long time to satisfy the picture in my head. Then I die cut the flip flops, sunglasses and sun with colored cardstock and arranged them in all together at the bottom of the wreath. I added a few jewels and a bow to finish it.

Products I used:

Ranger Distress Inks

Simon Says Stamp: wonky rectangle dies

Monstera leaves stencil

My Favorite Things: tropical leaves dies

Waffle Flower: Go Girl dies (sunglasses, flip flops)

Sizzix: summer elements dies (sun) 

Jute cord

Pretty Pink Posh: jewels

See you back here later this week!

-Carol


2 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is such a fun card! I love your background and your white wreath with fun in the sun die cuts! Fabulous make. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

Carol said...

Thanks Stephanie!!!