Thursday, August 18, 2022

Congrats to the Newlyweds

My daughter was recently the maid of honor in her friend's wedding and I made a card from our family. It was a labor of love, pun intended, and I spent a long time thinking about it and executing it. There was a special die set that I wanted for it, but I already had the car die set so I couldn't justify getting the set that is bigger and has all the car and wedding couple in it. I did buy a different set (on sale) for the people/flowers and made it work. Now is the time that it fits a challenge to be able to post it! Our Tic Tac Toe Challenge #175 middle row across: embellishments, die cuts, leaves is the row I chose...what do you think?








I cut the front and back of the car from the one die I have, then cut my own grill, insignia and tire for the back of the car. I constructed sides that helped the car both be 3D and be able to lie flat for the envelope. I cut another car piece to put behind the couple to hide the workings of the card. I made the bride and groom look like the real ones as well as her veil and flowers. I knew she had pearls all over her veil, so I bought little heart shaped ones and added them to mine. I put the I (heart) You inside the back of the car since the spare tire was covering where the license plate should be. I had to custom hand cut their hair styles and his suit.

Products I used:

Spellbinders: Sunday Drive die set, Sunday Sunset die set

Tulle

Heart shaped pearl embellishments

White sparkle card stock

Silver card stock

Acetate for windshield

Various card stocks in different colors

The bride loved it and that is all I needed to hear. Her engaged bridesmaids told my daughter they might want one too! It was a lot of work, but worth it in the end. 


Hope to see you in our gallery!

-Carol




No comments: