Sunday, July 10, 2022

Dropping You a Line

Someone posted this older pop-up card style recently and since I haven't made one in years, I decided to try it again. I also remembered that Color Hues Color Challenge #44 is using red and blue, and another twist: stars and stripes! I chose this stamp set to be able to incorporate a few subtle stars and stripes into my card (sunset, boats, float, fish, clothing) as a nod to Michele Ferguson's Playing Cards theme here with the Color Hues challenge. I'm also entering at the Four Seasons Challenge Anything Goes Summer here.







The link to the tutorial for this type of card is here. I forgot to put the mat I made behind my sky panel and only discovered it when cleaning up after completing the card! Also, even though I DO have the dies that go with this stamp set, I forgot and fussy cut all the bunnies, fish and boats!!! This card folds flat and fits into an A2 envelope, too!

Products I used:

M Favorite Things: You Keep Me Afloat stamp and die sets

Judith: Stars stamp

Waffle Flower: A2 Nested Domes dies

Stampin' Up!: Sea Street stamp set (school of fish), chalks (bunny cheeks)

Tim Holtz: Sunset stencil

Pink and Main: Sentiment banner dies

Copic markers

Prismacolor pencil

Distress inks

Ink blending brushes

Hope you are having a fun summer, heat and all!!

-Carol




9 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! I love pop-up cards and I don't think I've ever seen this one before! Your fussy cutting is likely much better than the dies! and the ink blending and coloring are also great. What a cute card! Thanks for thinking of Color Hues when you created this fun card!

Nancy said...

This came together so well, Carol. I love the way you did the fish as if they are swimming in schools around the boat and I think my favorite part is that tiny crab on a boat of his own. LOL Awesome job with the colors and including the stars and stripes too. Thanks for choosing Color Hues to play along with! Have a great day!

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies! It was a fun one!!!

Darlene said...

OMG what a fun & fabulous creation Carol ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

I Card Everyone said...

You've made my fishing loving heart very happy, Carol! and created the most wonderful place to add the red AND stripes - these sunsets are so pretty from our canoe!
Just love it! Thanks so much for Playing Cards with us at Color Hues!
=]

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! It was a really fun project and I appreciate the kind words!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, Carol, and SO super creative and fun. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons Challenge
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Bunny said...

Carol, you crack me up. I too have forgotten about the matching dies and fussy cut images which I detest doing.

This is really cute. Thank you for joining us at The Four Seasons challenge. Bunny - designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!!!!