Saturday, July 16, 2022

Congrats

My daughter asked me if I could make a Congrats card for her boss who was just promoted...and I know that this woman has a boat and lives not far from the Gulf of Mexico. Our Just Us Girls Challenge #641 Color Week is Coral, Light Grey, and Gold, chosen by Cécile. I thought of seashells and got out this set. I also think her boss is a CAS style person and that is why my card has clean lines and not a lot of fuss. 





Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: By the Seashore stamp set

My Favorite Things: Stylish Congrats

Gold card stock

White and coral card stock

The only tricky thing about my card is that I first arranged the letters on the stamped panel and got them exactly as I wanted them for spacing and to be straight. I grabbed some washi tape and pounced it a couple of times on my clothes to get a little bit of the stickiness off, then I carefully pressed it down onto my letters. I ran my fingers over the letters several times then carefully lifted the tape and letters off the panel. I turned the tape over and applied tiny dots of glue on the back side of the letters. Then I picked up the tape, turned it over, and lined it up on the card where I wanted it. After rubbing it against the card a few times, I carefully peeled back the tape to remove it, leaving the letters there adhered onto the panel. I'm pretty sure that I held my breath during this process, especially not wanting the tape to tear up pieces from my card stock. 

I matted the stamped panel and the card was complete! We hope you will come play along with us this week!

-Carol


9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this card is simplicity at its best!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What straight placement and stamping I am impressed! I bet she loved this card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you used the colors with a nautical touch! Great work on lining up those starfish and the letters.

Lisa Elton said...

CAS and fabulous, Carol! Great job on the letter placement!

Nancy said...

What a pretty CAS card. You nailed this and then some! Love it! See you tomorrow!

Bobby said...

You nailed that 'straight letters' technique, Carol. I'd be holding my breath too but it turned out beautifully. Wonderful CAS card for the occasion.

cm said...

Carol, your daughter's boss will be thrilled with this card; it's absolutely beautiful!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Fabulously CAS Carol. I am sure your daughter's boos loved it. It's a Winner!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an awesome design, Carol! I just love how airy this card is, so effective and simply beautiful.