Monday, June 13, 2022

Work of Art

The Color Hues Color Challenge #42 here is Yellow and Black. I had this idea in my head and when I coincidentally stopped by my local Ace Hardware store, passed the paint aisle, and luckily remembered to grab yellow and black paint cards. I've also been wanting to use my Artful Tulips paintbrush dies again, so this was the result! I decided to join Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies as well with my card!





Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Work of Art stamp set (swoosh of paint, sentiment) and Daffodil Delight Classic ink pad)

Stazon Jet Black ink

Aqua painter (to paint the yellow ink onto the bristles)

Iridescent silver card stock

Yellow sequins

Black and white card stock

5 x 7 white card base

In retrospect, I would have rearranged my card elements a little, but it turned out okay like this. The way I took my picture it looks like the paint brush is hanging off the card, but in real life it isn't! Be sure to go check out all the really fun yellow and black cards over at Color Hues!!

-Carol




5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol your card is so much fun. I love that you used the painting theme, well done! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Karen said...

Wow! was my first reaction to this card---so creative! The paintbrush and sentiment are just fabulous! I love the paint chips as a border. Would have never thought of that. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! It was fun to make the idea in my head a reality!

Nancy said...

I love where your creativity took you when you saw the colors at Color Hues! I bet this turned out better than you even imagined it. Trimming the paintbrush in silver makes it look so realistic! Awesome card and thanks for being in the gallery!

Bonnie said...

What a brilliant choice to pair the paint samples with this fantastic paint brush, Carol! Awesome details! Loved seeing this in the gallery at Color Hues!