Thursday, June 16, 2022

4th of July

I have been playing with my new Pinwheel Party stencils from The Greetery and have really wanted to make a red, white and blue card with them. The Paper Players Color Challenge #PP595 uses Real Red, Pacific Point and White this week. I happen to have those exact colors, so here is what I came up with for the challenge!




Products I used:

The Greetery: Pinwheel Party stencils

PinkFresh Studio: Braided circles dies

Stampin' Up!: Real Red, Pacific Point and Brilliant Blue Classic ink pads, Pacific Point card stock, Memorable Moments stamp set

A small circle die

Lawn Fawn: Oliver's Stitched ABC's dies

Red card base

Ink blending brushes

Wink of Stella Pen

Sequins, red and clear

Foam tape

I stenciled the pinwheels both lightly and more heavily with the three colors of ink only, then fussy cut the edges because I didn't buy the dies.... BUY THE DIES! I die cut the letters for JULY and die cut and stamped the "4th of" sentiment (three different stamps!). Next I arranged all the elements until I was happy with their placement, then adhered them with some being popped up on foam tape. I added sequins and Wink of Stella on the JULY and some of the pinwheels for a fun shimmer. Done!

The 4th will be here before we know it! Glad I got a card made!

See you soon,

-Carol







3 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Carol, this is such a fabulous card. I love all those FUN pinwheels! So much time to create each one and I love the layout! So happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Carol, I hadn't thought about this set for the 4th - but it's perfect! I love the profusion of pinwheels and that bold sentiment in the center. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies! It was so much fun to make!