Saturday, June 18, 2022

Make a Splash!

This week at Just Us Girls Challenge #637 Elizabeth is our hostess and it is Color Week: Blue, Red, Yellow + a color of your choice! I wanted to ink up the flamingo from my new Pink and Main Sunny Smiles stamp set, so my extra color choice is pink!



Products I used:

Pink and Main: Sunny Smiles stamp set

Concord and 9th: tag die

Prismacolor: colored pencils

The Twinery: baker's twine

Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt

Glossy Accents

Sequins

I was going for a sort of CAS (Clean and Simple) style card and wanted the colors to take center stage. After coloring the flamingo with colored pencils, I added Glossy Accents to the inner tube and swim mask for shine like the real items. It is HOT here and summer has begun its heat all over the country. This flamingo isn't having it and is heading for the water!

Check out the team's takes on this color combo and share your own projects with us! We'd love to see them!

Catch you later!

-Carol



12 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I love flamingos! is it the Florida in us? I think my next purchase is going to be Tim Holtz' flamingo. This card is so incredibly fun!!

Stef Perry said...

Such a cute flamingo, the polka dot innertube cracks me up! Great card, my friend!

Nancy said...

Just perfect! So glad you finally inked this darling stamp up! I love that tag too!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun Card I love tags on a card. Your floater is very cute

Bobby said...

This is so darn cute, Carol. Pink is not an expected fourth color choice and yet it really works.

Carol said...

Thanks again for your kind comments. I am unable to comment individually if I make the blog open for you to comment. Sigh!

Ina G said...

I too love tags on a card and this one is fabulous. How cool is that hot pink flamingo! Clever use of our colours on that blow up tube. You certainly made a splash here Carol. Such fun...

Carol said...

Thanks Ina!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

The flamingo is cute, but the polka dot inner tube won me over!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That flamingo is a hoot! I absolutely love this fun card with that cute flamingo paired with that watery looking tag.