Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day Dad

In honor of Father's Day I made a card for my daughter to give her dad. Simple. Masculine. Colorful. That's all I hoped for. It was quick and I made it without thinking it through ahead of time, aka: agonizing over the details. I think that should be my new approach! (I will make him a funny one from me.) I am also playing along at Timeout Challenges 216 here, Four Seasons Challenge Anything Goes Summer here, and Double D Challenge here.






Products I used:

Memory Box: Marina Sailboats dies

Pinkfresh Studios: Diagonal stitched Rectangles

Simon Say Stamp: Love You Like stamp set by Cathy Zielske

Stampin' Up!: Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, classic ink pads

Lawn Fawn: Oliver's Stitched ABCs

I inked blended the front white panel after die cutting it with a "rope-y" looking die. Rope adds a nautical touch, right? Then I die cut the stitched letters to spell DAD. I die cut the sailboats three times to get all the colors I wanted, and arranged all the elements on the card where I thought they should go. I decided to die cut an inside white panel to be the same as what I did on the card front. Finally, I stamped my sentiments inside and out, adhered all of the die cuts, and called it done!

Hope you are having a nice Father's Day, or a pleasant Sunday at least!

-Carol



5 comments:

Nancy said...

Perfection!

Carol said...

Awwww. thanks friend!!!

Diane said...

Fabulous masculine card! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons and Double D!
Diane FS DT and DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Carol said...

Thank you Diane!!!!

Bunny said...

What a great Father's Day card. Love your presentation, too. Thank you for joining us at The Four Seasons challenge. Bunny - designer for The Four Seasons Challenge