Monday, June 20, 2022

Anchor Tag Card

I fell in love with the colors in Sunday Stamps SSC285 this week and had to enter a card! Here is my idea, using the three colors on the right side of their challenge photo (I see that middle color on their graphic as kraft).



Products I used:

The Greetery: Pinwheel Party stencils, Postal dies

Reverse Confetti: Tag circle reinforcement

Stampin' Up!: denim ribbon, woodgrain cover die

Ellen Hutson: twine

Anchor die (not sure where I got it)

I love using the pinwheel stencils...they are easy and fun to play with, trying different color combos to see how they turn out. The pinwheels on the front side of the tag were stenciled onto colored card stock, while the one hiding behind the tag was on white card stock. You can use one color to do two shades on the same pinwheel as well! Just have a light hand for one row of the pinwheel, then go back heavy handed for the other row. I didn't add bling because I might use this for Father's Day tomorrow. I'll probably change the twine to be knotted instead of a bow. Shhh!

See you back here soon I hope!

-Carol



7 comments:

Nancy said...

Awesome card! I am not sure I remembered you had these stamps! So fun! Love the size of that anchor too!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Heather said...

What a fun take on our colors, Carol! Love those pinwheel images - so exuberant! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Heather!

Stef Perry said...

Another amazing pinwheel design, Carol! This is just a fabulous take on the SSC colors, especially with the anchor tag! I'm so glad you joined us!

dj said...

Those pinwheel stencils do look like they would be fun to play with!! And you rocked them here on this card...love the way you used our color combo!! Thanks for joining the fun over at Sunday Stamps!!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!I'm sorry I can't answer your sweet comments individually, but Blogger has ben difficult lately. Working on it! I appreciate your comments!