Monday, May 16, 2022

Hello

I saw that Color Hues Color Challenge #41 is red and aqua! I fell in love with the color combo and took inspiration especially from Hannelie and Julie's cards. I had to join in the challenge. I admire geometric designs all the time in cards and clothing, furniture and art, and decided to make a square card in that style. What I like best about the card (besides the colors!) has to be seen in person. Some of the squares are popped up and others aren't. Check out the closeup below.







The "Hello" die is probably Stampin' Up! and the card stock/sequins are from my stash. I cut all the squares on my paper cutter. The aqua squares are 2", the red ones are 1" and the little ones are 1/2"...itty bitty. I don't know about you, but my eyes tell me that those measurements are not true, but they are! The little trick I have for you (or maybe I am the last person to figure this out) is that the card measures 6 1/4 x 6 1/4" (with the red mat) which means I needed 12 1/2" piece of card stock for a card base...and that doesn't exist in my stash or stores! So, I cut a piece of card stock the size of the card front and scored it in on one edge about 3/8". Then I attached it to the back of the card front at the top with Tacky Glue along that little 3/8" edge. (See last picture.)

I wanted to add a sentiment and decided to make it something round and swirly instead of continuing with the straight edges of the rest of the card. I also didn't want the red "hello" to disappear if I put it in the center of the card front over the red little square, so I put it in the corner with a few rhinestones.

Check out the Color Hues design team's cards...they are FABulous!!!!

See you soon,

-Carol


9 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE a graphic card, and this one is fabulous! Also love the way you added dimension to some of the squares. What a great way to start off our gallery this time around! Thanks for hopping right to it for our Aqua/Red Challenge!

Carol said...

Thank you Karen!

Lindsey said...

This is a fun, graphic design! Great choice to contrast all the squares with the curvy sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Carol said...

Thanks Lindsey!!!

Cindy Groh said...

Fantastic card!

Carol said...

Thanks Cindy!

Nancy said...

I needed to come by to leave a proper comment. This took some time and patience, but it was well executed and turned out great! Thanks for starting off the gallery at Color Hues with a huge pop of color!

Carol said...

Thanks!!!!!

Cindy Beach said...

Carol, seeing your card in the Color Hues gallery makes me happy! Thanks so much for playing along with our combo. I love the crisp geometric style of your card, it is a show stopper!