Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Happy Summer

Since I am in summer mode/mood, I decided to play along over at The Card Concept #175  May Flowers Challenge. My card is clean and layered style. I was inspired by the summery soft coral-y pinks, orange, yellow with little pops of green in the photo, including the jar they are in! I bought Mother's Day flowers this year (photo below) because I loved the jar tied with raffia, filled with pink tulips! I also just got this Ellen Hutson Mod Florals die and was excited to use it! 








Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Mod Floral die

PinkFresh Studio: Braided circles dies

Taylored Expressions: Happy Summer Banner dies

Distress Oxide inks

Pretty Pink Posh: gems

Aqua painter

I played around with the two die cuts I made from the mod floral die and finally decided to cut the three braided circles out of a slimline panel and have the flowers spilling out of them. I watercolored the flowers and leaves with distress oxides and when I finally stopped fussing with them I let them dry over night. I arranged them in and out of the white panel openings and attached them here and there with Tacky glue. Once I decided on the Happy Summer dies, I cut each banner twice and adhered them together for thickness and sturdiness. I used foam tape to pop up the panel on a pink slimline card base and finished with some gems.

The challenge is open until Monday the 23rd, so join me over at The Card Concept!

-Carol



1 comment:

Karen Letchworth said...

I am LOVING this SO much, Carol. I love that die you used, too. It's on my wish list. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept and please join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT
The Card Concept