Saturday, April 2, 2022

Wacky April Holidays IG Hop

Welcome to the Wacky April Holidays IG Hop! You all know those bizarre, random things that earned themselves permanent days of national recognition? Today we're going to celebrate them! Who says only major holidays get cards! Be sure to scroll down for links to all the other carmakers participating in the hop. You don't want to miss out on any of the fun! Claire organized this hop and we were all happy to join.

I have two cards for you for this hop. Here goes, in no particular order!

My first card is for National Licorice Day on April 12! I love red licorice but I also like Good and Plenty candy and those black fruity wedge slices covered in sugar. NO black licorice vines for me though! 




Products used:

Ellen Hutson: All Inside bear and die

Concord and 9th: Love You More Than stamps and dies (I used the french fries dies)

My Favorite Things: hearts stencil

Computer generated text and sentiments


And next up...did you know that April 7 is National No Housework Day?  I thought this was a good one that just about anyone would want to celebrate!








Who doesn't want an excuse not to clean or tidy for a day? There are so many days to choose from, but this one hit home (pun intended) for me! I wanted to showcase this paper that I have hoarded for years so I made a card that takes three pictures to show the whole card...sorry! I computer generated the explanation on the inside and the tag on the front of the card when tied shut. I am including how to make this fun fold card in case you are interested.

The outside card base is cut from a piece of card stock that is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 2 1/8" in from both edges on the 8 1/2" edge.

The patterned paper is cut for the narrow front panels to "about" 2 x 5 3/8" to be smaller than the front panels by about 1/8"or whatever size you like.

The top folding card inside is cut to 4 x 10 1/2" and scored at 5 1/4" along the 10 1/2" edge and adhered in the center inside section of the outer card base.

I cut a piece of patterned paper to match the outer patterned paper to go on the outside of this inner card so it is just a little smaller that this card front by 1/8" both in width and height.

The inside of this inner card has a card stock panel cut just smaller than the width and height of the inner card to have a place to stamp/write a message. You don't need this piece if you can see what is written on the color of card stock you choose.

Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: patterned paper (older), ribbon

Studio 112: Best Friends clear mini stamp set 60-30437, probably from Michael's, JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. (It's a little one like you find in the dollar spot at these stores.)

My Favorite Things: Inside and Out Stitched Circle dies

Prismacolor: colored pencils

*********************************************************************

We've got a great hop lineup today. Please check out each of these IG accounts to see the holidays we're celebrating! Go see my account: @sawithadtomakeit where you can click on all the other accounts playing along.

@clares_card_on

@deezinesbyd

@kpkreatives

@made.by.michi

@magymakes

@colourandsparkle

@craftwithme101

@mindmypaper

@puffinsnpaper

@handmadebykanicky

@tinytreasureworkshop

@sawithadtomakeit (me)

@love.builds_up.crafts

@joyinthemakingco

@vr_handmadelove

I hope you enjoy all the special April days in our hop! 

-Carol



No comments: