Tuesday, April 5, 2022

10 Minute Card Challenge

The As You See It Challenge #271: Staying Dry has a 10 minute card challenge going on. I was intrigued, wanted to try it, and even watched a few videos on You Tube for ideas. I gathered all of my materials, made a step by step list for my process and started the timer. It was going so well and I wasn't even nervous!





Then I looked at my timer again and it was over the 9 minute mark and I knew I wasn't going to make it. From 5 something to 9 something was, what I thought, a quick cutting of papers and adhering them, but I finished WITHOUT sequins in a little over 11 minutes! UGH! I didn't fuss about my Copic coloring, which I am going back to fix now, but the sequins would have added 2 more minutes because I timed how long it took me after the fact to put them on!!! Ahhhh! But, to put it into perspective, I never take under 12 minutes to make a card! Fun challenge anyway!!! I had to post it even though I didn't make the deadline because I like the card and wanted to show them that I tried! LOL!

Products I used: 

Ellen Hutson: All Inside sentiments
Hero Arts: Stamp and Cut set
Copics
Stampin up!: Classic Inks
Pretty Pink Posh: sequins
JoAnn Fabrics: Patterned papers and cardstock
Pink and Main: banner dies

Have you ever done a 10 minute challenge?

-Carol




10 comments:

Heather said...

So fun, Carol - and I'm so glad you still shared this cute card with us! LOVE that background paper, so perfect for "staying dry," and so fun to hear about your planning! It really makes you think, doesn't it? Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Carol said...

Thanks Heather! I fix the Copic coloring and added sequins so I am happy with it now!

LeAnne said...

It's a very cute card even if you didn't make the 10-minute timer! I just LOVE that background paper, just perfect with your pretty umbrella and sentiment! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Carol said...

Thanks LeAnne!!!!!!!

Heather Cooper said...

This is the cutest card! I'm so glad you shared it! 10 min. speed challenges take some getting used to. I swear that timers speeds up as soon as you're not looking at it! But you came pretty close and it was definitely worth sharing your sweet card! I hope you'll try again next time one of our speed challenges rolls around! Thanks for getting your adrenaline pumping with As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Yes, the dreaded speed challenge Carol - the timer seems to accelerate at the 5 minute mark every time! A valiant effort and so glad you shared your card with us anyway - those papers are lovely and I like the bold sentiment and sparkly raindrops too. Hope it didn’t put you off and that you’ll come by and have another go when we next have a speed challenge at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Good on you for giving the challenge a go! I found that they intrigued me and I found myself plotting things I could try out that would save time. Very pretty card too - thanks for joining in the fun. :-)

Carol said...

Thanks Heather!

Carol said...

Thank you Joanne! I will!

Carol said...

Thanks Jan!!!