Friday, April 1, 2022

Hello Hibiscus

Happy April Fools Day! No fooling around, I just stumbled upon the Sunday Stamps Challenge SSC279 and loved the colors they are using! So I grabbed some oxide ink and this is what I came up with for their current challenge. 






Products I used:

Altenew: Hibiscus Garden 3D Die set

Vellum (behind the white hello)

Distress Oxide inks

Blender Brushes

Nuvo Crystal Drops


I already had a small watercolored panel scrap with one of the inks I chose for this project, so I made an A2 card base and ink blended the edges with the same color. Next, I ink blended all the colors I wanted for my flower and leaves on a sheet of white card stock and let the ink dry. Then I got my fingers wet with water and flicked little droplets onto the inked panel. I let that dry. Later, I did all my die cutting, piecing and placement. Then I added a few dots of different sizes of Nuvo Crystal Drops to look like water droplets. I have to admit that I CASEd an Altenew layout but made it my own of course...their samples are out of this world!!! I'm really gearing up for summer, can you tell by my latest posts? 

Hope you don't get April Fooled today! I already warned my husband not to try anything...we'll see how that goes!

-Carol



6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow, Carol, love this fresh bright card! I leave for Maui next weekend, I think you are channeling my trip, lol. Love the look the oxides give here - perfect washes of bold color! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Carol said...

Thank you Heather!

Stef Perry said...

Wow, girlfriend, what a gorgeous card! Bright, bold and all framed up. Perfection! So glad to see you in the gallery, thanks for joining us!

Carol said...

Thanks Stef! I liked the colors when I saw them, so I decided to go for it!

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome! The tropical images look amazing with those colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Carol said...

Thank you so much!!!